Advanced Twitter marketing techniques to help your account soar
Twitter is one of the most open social networks on the Internet. Whether you are trying to talk about new software, notify about online sales, or just for a search engine promotion site – you have to use Twitter marketing or its strategies.
Twitter is a great place to grow a business, but on the platform everything happens very quickly. The average lifespan of a tweet is only about 18 minutes. Over 7,000 new tweets are posted every second. This is more than 500 million per day.
The shelf life of one tweet is four times shorter than anything that is published on Facebook. This makes fixing messages and their influence difficult. It’s easy to get lost in the crowd. That’s why your tweets and Twitter marketing methods should give people a push and attention.
Powerful tricks of working marketing on Twitter
Benefits of Twitter Marketing:
- This is a place to discuss live events. With the event hashtag, you don’t even need to attend it to join the conversation. People also go on Twitter to find out about the latest news.
- It is unique in that it is possible to observe or communicate with famous people. Compared to Facebook, Twitter makes prominent people available.
- The conversational nature of Twitter for customer service and communication provides responsive customer service and helps to instantly solve people’s problems.
- Tweets provide much better service than a voice mail menu or a website form, and at the same time show how successful your business is.
When you look at all the ways Twitter can help marketers, you’ll see that this is the perfect platform for mid-funnel activities. Here you can develop relationships that are established with other marketing contact points.
Create a great Twitter profile
The handle should be recognizable, easy to remember and short enough so that people can easily notice you.
Names must be the same in all social media profiles. If you use a name that is different from your brand or company name, you can confuse subscribers or make it difficult to find your page.
Fill in and optimize your profile on Twitter. A strategically optimized profile can do much more than just share your name, descriptor, and description.
With a few quick settings you can:
- improve the visual effect of your profile;
- Aim at an exact physical location or general area
- help customers find other Twitter profiles run by your company;
- make it easier for people to interact with your brand and start a discussion about your products.
Do not forget to check Twitter. When people see that you are verified, they know that they can trust this content and brand.
To get a tweet carousel, the audience needs to interact with your posts. It would be nice to find people who are interested in your services or products at this very second. Or know exactly what people say about your brand.
Run an advanced search. Instead of sending out advertising tweets or writing to your existing customers, find potential ones by searching industry terms.
Post at the right time
To reach more potential subscribers and maximize engagement you need to tweet during peak hours.
For each social platform, prime time is different. There are certain days of the week and time of day when users are more active on Twitter, which means that they are most likely to interact with your messages and you will get a high click-through rate.
Some studies have shown that posting from 12 to 18 hours is the best time to post. Others believe that hours from 12 to 15 hours from Monday to Friday work better. Peak publication time will depend on the specific audience, so check how your content works at different times and on different days to find out what is appropriate for your brand.
Good days to post:
- business tweets (for B2B companies) – from Monday to Friday;
- customer tweets (B2C) – weekends and Wednesdays.
The number of reposts and likes, depending on the day of the week at 23:00.
And at 8:00.
Choosing the right time for posting – get more impressions, increase engagement and earn a lot of clicks.
Important! Should not be imposed. Nobody likes that. Explore the target audience and do not be afraid to experiment.
Create great content
You need to strive to write tweets that are easy to read and can get a response from the audience. To create such content, never stop learning about subscribers’ interests, needs, and fears.
Do not post the same or very similar content in multiple accounts. Twitter is prohibited. This is a hard line against spam, which should not be crossed.
Reference! Research has shown that Twitter followers are slightly higher when they are closer to the beginning.
The hashtags ensure that the content will see many subscribers. They allow you to classify it so that your tweets are grouped with other relevant Twitter content. It also helps to find influential people in your industry.
Tweets with hashtags get 2 times more activity than without. Just be careful not to use them too much. Tweets with more than two hashtags get a 17% reduction in activity.
Important! Never use more than 1 – 2 hashtags on a tweet. Make sure they are related to your brand and the context of the tweet.
It is much more interesting to interact with the author, publishing interesting, videos, pictures, gifs and funny memes. And do not forget about Emoji.
Run the live stream. Live videos are automatically published as tweets, which can be viewed later.
Attention! Never use multimedia that is not related to your tweet.
Interact with your audience
The most important is to use Twitter to create links with your customers. Use it to your advantage and interact daily with your subscribers.
Ways of interaction:
- Watch your network. Your subscribers’ tweets can provide a ton of information about their interests, needs, and preferences.
- Respond quickly. According to studies, 42% of consumers expect a 60-minute response. Answer as quickly as possible.
- Use @mentions and tag people. When you mention subscribers, authorities or other brands in tweets, this is a good way to get some traffic.
- Ask subscribers to retweet, mention or like tweets.
- Get online access — ask a question and find out how your subscribers are responding, or conduct a survey to get customer feedback, feedback on a product or service. For inspiration, look for other brands that are constantly and successfully using polls.
Attention! Watch out for competitors. With all your similarities, why find out what they are up to?
Strengthen your strategy with advanced tactics
Now that you have mastered the basics, why not try a few more advanced tactics for web site promotion:
- Advertising. If you need to increase the level of engagement as quickly as possible, then you should use the full power of paid online advertising Twitter. Especially if there are not a huge number of subscribers yet.
- Chat is a great way to demonstrate leadership in your field. Using a common hashtag, users surf the Internet to find out the latest industry news, discuss problems and share ideas.
Looking for SEO and internet marketing on Twitter or search engine website promotion? Contact us and we will provide an individual strategy for your business.